CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


My mom with Sadie (Yes, Sadie. Not Sally.)
My mom is beautiful. As I celebrate Mother's Day today (we all have the flu, by the way) I find myself close to tears as I think about my own mother. She is the most kind-hearted person and is happy to do anything for anyone in need. She is my best friend. My mom is my greatest mentor and I want to be just like her.


My mom and I have such a special relationship. She tried and tried to have another baby after Anna and Rachel were born and was told that she would not be able to conceive again. After ten long years and a tough road of miscarriages and surgeries, she had a dream that she was rocking a baby to sleep and the room was pink. I was then born, her "surprise package". Because I was so much younger than my siblings, I was raised differently than they were as they all moved out of the house when I was young. My mom always made sure that I was kept busy and entertained at a young age.


When we moved to Vegas, my mom and I spent a lot of time alone while my dad was busy at interviews. Late nights watching What About Bob?, checking out all the fun restaurants in Vegas, shopping, hiking, walks and riding the roller coasters on the strip. I admire so much that she was willing to do whatever I wanted. I don't think that I would have been as patient as she was with me!

My mom is a fantastic nurse. She has cared for me countless times through my four shoulder surgeries and more. Because I could not get in the shower for weeks after surgery, she would have my lie on my bed on my back and wash my hair in a basin every single day. She is the most caring person I know.

When Tate was born he was extremely colicky and it became very difficult for me emotionally being my first child. She invited me to sleep at her house for a week so that she could walk with a screaming baby in the night while I pumped milk for him. She is extremely patient.
It is nearly impossible to put into word how grateful I am for my mother. She is my life saver in every way. She calls me every single day asking how I am if there is anything that she can do to help me. She is constantly suprising me at the door with groceries, helping me catch up on loads of laundry, taking Tate for the day, tending so that I can get out of the house, and so much more.
I love you, mom! You are the mom I want to be!
Love, Sarah

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Suzanne is the greatest mother ever! The example she sets is amazing! How many mothers will go to their grown daughters and sons homes when and help them clean and organize their homes? How many mothers take time out of their busy schedules to go to their grandchildrens games, programs, recitals, concerts or award ceremonies? She is an elect lady and I am proud to call her Mom!!!